Back in April, my little sister graduated from Weber State and got her RN Nursing degree! My little brother always teased her that her LPN didn't make her a real nurse, just practically a nurse. But now she has her RN degree and is really a nurse.
And as you can tell, I was huge and pregnant and totally uncomfortable.
Our last day in Disneyland was as fun as the rest, minus the fact we were all exhausted. Here are some of the things we learned on the way for those who haven't been before. I certainly am no expert, but hope these tips will help you if you visit Disneyland!
- Buckle down and pay the money to park at Disneyland, unless your hotel has a shuttle service that runs often. We found our shuttle only ran three times in the morning and twice at night. None of the times were convenient for our plans, so we just parked at Disneyland. Totally worth it.
- Bring snacks and a water bottle.
- Layer clothing. We went in April and some of the days were a little chilly in the morning and evening and a light sweat shirt was perfect.
- Go to the World of Color and get a fast pass for it, but don't stand on the very front row or you will get wet. You can get a fast pass buy purchasing a picnic dinner to go. Totally worth it, unless you can get to the park early enough to get on from the machine. We knew we wouldn't.
- Go watch the parade, and find a seat early...in the shade.
- We went for three days (one at Disneyland, two at California Adventure Park) and that was enough. We could have done more days, but if you can break them up, do it. We didn't have the time, but it would have been perfect to go for two days, take a day to relax, go to a beach then to Disneyland again for a day or two more.
- There is plenty of space to park your stroller everywhere, so if you need one, bring it.
- Goofy's Breakfast at the Disneyland Hotel lets you meet a bunch of characters and park for free for five hours. We chanced it, and stayed parked there the whole day hoping we wouldn't have to pay, and we didn't! We were there probably 10 hours and the nice guy at the parking gate let us out without paying for any parking that day. Score.
The second day we went to California Adventure Park and had a blast. The boys loved it and once again we had great weather. The highlight for Chubbs was the Bugs Life land area. He loved the lady bugs that spun really fast and probably would have ridden that twenty times in a row if we had let him.
We made the second day our long day. We got there pretty early and left after World of Color which ended around 10pm. The parade was awesome and we were super impressed. We took a nice break for an early dinner and saved a spot in the shade for the parade.The World of Color was awesome. It's a water show that you don't want to miss. I thought it might be lame (I was thinking of the Vegas water shows), but it wasn't like that at all. They spray water up and then project images from different Disney movies on the water and it's seriously amazing. Totally worth it.
Next post...things we learned from our trip to Disneyland.
We started off Disneyland with breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen. It was a little expensive, but included parking, the food was good and the boys got to meet a handful of characters and get their picture taken. Overall it was worth it and they had a good time. I thought Chubbs would be terrified, but he warmed up pretty quick and I only had to hold him for a few of the pictures so he would smile and not cry.
...more to come!
The temperature was also awesome. Not too hot (especially having just come from Las Vegas) and the lines weren't too long. I think the longest we waited in a line was about a half an hour. We went during our spring break, and all those in California had their spring break a week earlier. We also went on a Monday-Wednesday, so we had slower days in general as well.
The boys had a blast. Chubbs was so excited to meet Mickey, and you get to walk through his house before you meet him. It was great. We went to Disneyland the first day, then to California Adventure Park on the second and third day. I would certainly suggest this as California Adventure Park was newer and the rides were more exciting and had a more than Disneyland, but go to both parks if you can. Also, big plus is you don't have to pay for kids until they turn three, so we got Chubbs in for free!
...more to come!